1) Get rid of clutter on shelves, countertops and closets. Consider packing seldom-used items you don’t want to discard in boxes and storing them until you move.
2) Put excess furniture and items that are showing wear in storage until you move.
3) Rearrange the remaining furniture attractively (ask your agent or a friend to help you decide what goes where).
4) Wash and/or paint walls that are dirty or chipped.
5) Wash blinds and clean curtains.
6) Shampoo carpets.
7) Fix leaky faucets and appliances that don’t work.
8) Get rid of items that have accumulated in your attic and garage. (You’ll have to do this before you move anyway, so why not get a head start?)
9) Consider having a garage sale or donate things you know you won’t be taking with you to a charity that has a retail store on Hilton Head like The Bargain Box, Hospice or The Cancer Thrift Store or Goodwill in Bluffton for a tax write off.
While your house is on the market:
1) Keep the house clean – tidy up, vacuum and dust as needed and do laundry before it piles up.
2) Keep a list of things to do and places to go while prospective buyers are viewing your house.
3) Cut or buy fresh flowers every few days.
4) Bake cookies or a pie on weekend mornings when you expect a lot of traffic, and before open houses, to make your home more welcoming and cozy.
After your house is sold:
1) Make sure you keep everything clean and in good working order.
2) Do any repairs you’ve agreed to in the sales contract.
Remember:Staged homes tend to sell 30 to 40 times faster than any other home on the market. It may very well increase your home value as well. Imagine that!
Southside Contact Traci Amick about Southside. Savannah’s Southside is a shopping designation. There are 2 malls -- Oglethorpe Mall and Savannah Mall. There are literally acres of shops, restaurants, hotels; and a number of recreational facilities there. Three Savannah hospitals can also be foun...
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Richmond Place. Richmond Place ia located 20 miles from downtown Savannah. It is close to I-95, on Hwy.144, in Bryan County. This community is covenant-ruled, and is home to many military families. This is because it is in close proximity to Fort Stewart and Hunter...
Search MLS: Richmond Place
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Brigham Lakes. Located off of Route 144, out of city limits. However, these homes are still within the boundaries of the desirable Richmond Hill school district. Brigham Lake is only 30 minutes from gorgous downtown Savannah.
Amenities include a pool pavilion wi...
Search MLS: Brigham Lakes