1) Get rid of clutter on shelves, countertops and closets. Consider packing seldom-used items you don’t want to discard in boxes and storing them until you move.
2) Put excess furniture and items that are showing wear in storage until you move.
3) Rearrange the remaining furniture attractively (ask your agent or a friend to help you decide what goes where).
4) Wash and/or paint walls that are dirty or chipped.
5) Wash blinds and clean curtains.
6) Shampoo carpets.
7) Fix leaky faucets and appliances that don’t work.
8) Get rid of items that have accumulated in your attic and garage. (You’ll have to do this before you move anyway, so why not get a head start?)
9) Consider having a garage sale or donate things you know you won’t be taking with you to a charity that has a retail store on Hilton Head like The Bargain Box, Hospice or The Cancer Thrift Store or Goodwill in Bluffton for a tax write off.
While your house is on the market:
1) Keep the house clean – tidy up, vacuum and dust as needed and do laundry before it piles up.
2) Keep a list of things to do and places to go while prospective buyers are viewing your house.
3) Cut or buy fresh flowers every few days.
4) Bake cookies or a pie on weekend mornings when you expect a lot of traffic, and before open houses, to make your home more welcoming and cozy.
After your house is sold:
1) Make sure you keep everything clean and in good working order.
2) Do any repairs you’ve agreed to in the sales contract.
Remember:Staged homes tend to sell 30 to 40 times faster than any other home on the market. It may very well increase your home value as well. Imagine that!
The Residences on Turner's Creek:
Wilmington Island Contact Traci Amick about The Residences on Turner's Creek. The Residences on Turner's Creek is a private, gated , waterfront community with just 12 homes upon completion! Classic neo-traditional style exterior w/porches like yesteryear. Waterfront dock and community pool.
Search MLS: Wilmington Island
Skidaway Island Contact Traci Amick about South Harbor. Located on the south end of Skidaway Island, South Harbor is only minutes away from Historic Savannah. Water access and water view lots are available as well as private islands overseeing the scenic Intracoastal Waterway. Heavily wooded half-acre lot...
Search MLS: South Harbor
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Richmond Place. Richmond Place ia located 20 miles from downtown Savannah. It is close to I-95, on Hwy.144, in Bryan County. This community is covenant-ruled, and is home to many military families. This is because it is in close proximity to Fort Stewart and Hunter...
Search MLS: Richmond Place