1) Get rid of clutter on shelves, countertops and closets. Consider packing seldom-used items you don’t want to discard in boxes and storing them until you move.
2) Put excess furniture and items that are showing wear in storage until you move.
3) Rearrange the remaining furniture attractively (ask your agent or a friend to help you decide what goes where).
4) Wash and/or paint walls that are dirty or chipped.
5) Wash blinds and clean curtains.
6) Shampoo carpets.
7) Fix leaky faucets and appliances that don’t work.
8) Get rid of items that have accumulated in your attic and garage. (You’ll have to do this before you move anyway, so why not get a head start?)
9) Consider having a garage sale or donate things you know you won’t be taking with you to a charity that has a retail store on Hilton Head like The Bargain Box, Hospice or The Cancer Thrift Store or Goodwill in Bluffton for a tax write off.
While your house is on the market:
1) Keep the house clean – tidy up, vacuum and dust as needed and do laundry before it piles up.
2) Keep a list of things to do and places to go while prospective buyers are viewing your house.
3) Cut or buy fresh flowers every few days.
4) Bake cookies or a pie on weekend mornings when you expect a lot of traffic, and before open houses, to make your home more welcoming and cozy.
After your house is sold:
1) Make sure you keep everything clean and in good working order.
2) Do any repairs you’ve agreed to in the sales contract.
Remember:Staged homes tend to sell 30 to 40 times faster than any other home on the market. It may very well increase your home value as well. Imagine that!
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Mainstreet. The Mainstreet subdivision is a family-oriented community located in Richmond Hill, Georgia close to schools, churches, shopping, local parks, Fort Stewart, and area attractions.
Located approximately in the center of Mainstreet is the community p...
Search MLS: Mainstreet
Skidaway Island Contact Traci Amick about The Landings. Set among beautiful tidal marshes, The Landings of Skidaway Island is located just 12 miles south of historic Savannah. Residents enjoy exceptional ammenities, including six championship golf courses, tennis courts, two deep-water marinas, a swimming...
Search MLS: The Landings
Mercer Point Condominiums:
Wilmington Island Contact Traci Amick about Mercer Point Condominiums. Located on desirable Wilmington Island. 10 minutes to beach and downtown. An upscale gated community with wonderful amenities including; pool, tennis, fitness center, clubhouse, billiards room, boat storage, car Wash & more! Shopping and restaurants ...
Search MLS: Wilmington Island