1) Get rid of clutter on shelves, countertops and closets. Consider packing seldom-used items you don’t want to discard in boxes and storing them until you move.
2) Put excess furniture and items that are showing wear in storage until you move.
3) Rearrange the remaining furniture attractively (ask your agent or a friend to help you decide what goes where).
4) Wash and/or paint walls that are dirty or chipped.
5) Wash blinds and clean curtains.
6) Shampoo carpets.
7) Fix leaky faucets and appliances that don’t work.
8) Get rid of items that have accumulated in your attic and garage. (You’ll have to do this before you move anyway, so why not get a head start?)
9) Consider having a garage sale or donate things you know you won’t be taking with you to a charity that has a retail store on Hilton Head like The Bargain Box, Hospice or The Cancer Thrift Store or Goodwill in Bluffton for a tax write off.
While your house is on the market:
1) Keep the house clean – tidy up, vacuum and dust as needed and do laundry before it piles up.
2) Keep a list of things to do and places to go while prospective buyers are viewing your house.
3) Cut or buy fresh flowers every few days.
4) Bake cookies or a pie on weekend mornings when you expect a lot of traffic, and before open houses, to make your home more welcoming and cozy.
After your house is sold:
1) Make sure you keep everything clean and in good working order.
2) Do any repairs you’ve agreed to in the sales contract.
Remember:Staged homes tend to sell 30 to 40 times faster than any other home on the market. It may very well increase your home value as well. Imagine that!
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Dunham Marsh. Dunham Marsh is being built to epitomize the ideal neighborhoods that America once knew. Each homesite has been carefully planned to take advantage of the natural environment as well as to enjoy the numerous community open spaces. The architecture is...
Search MLS: Dunham Marsh
St. Simons Island:
Contact Traci Amick about St. Simons Island. St. Simons Island is the biggest of Georgia's renowned Golden Isles.
Much of the island remains marsh or woodland. St. Simons Island is home to three golf clubs on the Island and has glorious beaches that can stretch out for hundreds of yards at lo...
Skidaway Island Contact Traci Amick about Modena Plantation. A private gated community situated at the confluence of the Skidaway and the Wilmington Rivers. Modena is a separate island at the north end of Skidaway Island with 55 Acres of lovely trees, magnificent marsh, creek and deep water views. This island ...
Search MLS: Modena Plantation