1) Get rid of clutter on shelves, countertops and closets. Consider packing seldom-used items you don’t want to discard in boxes and storing them until you move.
2) Put excess furniture and items that are showing wear in storage until you move.
3) Rearrange the remaining furniture attractively (ask your agent or a friend to help you decide what goes where).
4) Wash and/or paint walls that are dirty or chipped.
5) Wash blinds and clean curtains.
6) Shampoo carpets.
7) Fix leaky faucets and appliances that don’t work.
8) Get rid of items that have accumulated in your attic and garage. (You’ll have to do this before you move anyway, so why not get a head start?)
9) Consider having a garage sale or donate things you know you won’t be taking with you to a charity that has a retail store on Hilton Head like The Bargain Box, Hospice or The Cancer Thrift Store or Goodwill in Bluffton for a tax write off.
While your house is on the market:
1) Keep the house clean – tidy up, vacuum and dust as needed and do laundry before it piles up.
2) Keep a list of things to do and places to go while prospective buyers are viewing your house.
3) Cut or buy fresh flowers every few days.
4) Bake cookies or a pie on weekend mornings when you expect a lot of traffic, and before open houses, to make your home more welcoming and cozy.
After your house is sold:
1) Make sure you keep everything clean and in good working order.
2) Do any repairs you’ve agreed to in the sales contract.
Remember:Staged homes tend to sell 30 to 40 times faster than any other home on the market. It may very well increase your home value as well. Imagine that!
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Turtle Landing. These tranquil, secluded subdivisions dish up tasteful, small town charm with their subdued color schemes, tree shaded lots and covered front porches. These communities were developed starting in 2002 by the Richmond Hill Land Company. With homes hav...
Search MLS: Turtle Landing
Skidaway Island Contact Traci Amick about Skidaway Island. An amazing and history-rich island. The island where natural beauty can be found almost anywhere in the thousands of square acres of nature and adventure. Four residential communities are situated on the island: The Landings, Modena Plantation, South...
Search MLS: Skidaway Island
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Cottingham Plantation. On the coastline of Georgia sits a peninsula once known as Bryan Neck, enveloped by creeks and salt marshes and the Ogeechee and Medway rivers that flow past the Intracoastal Waterway and unspoiled barrier islands on their way to the sea. On land, gr...
Search MLS: Bryan County