1) Get rid of clutter on shelves, countertops and closets. Consider packing seldom-used items you don’t want to discard in boxes and storing them until you move.
2) Put excess furniture and items that are showing wear in storage until you move.
3) Rearrange the remaining furniture attractively (ask your agent or a friend to help you decide what goes where).
4) Wash and/or paint walls that are dirty or chipped.
5) Wash blinds and clean curtains.
6) Shampoo carpets.
7) Fix leaky faucets and appliances that don’t work.
8) Get rid of items that have accumulated in your attic and garage. (You’ll have to do this before you move anyway, so why not get a head start?)
9) Consider having a garage sale or donate things you know you won’t be taking with you to a charity that has a retail store on Hilton Head like The Bargain Box, Hospice or The Cancer Thrift Store or Goodwill in Bluffton for a tax write off.
While your house is on the market:
1) Keep the house clean – tidy up, vacuum and dust as needed and do laundry before it piles up.
2) Keep a list of things to do and places to go while prospective buyers are viewing your house.
3) Cut or buy fresh flowers every few days.
4) Bake cookies or a pie on weekend mornings when you expect a lot of traffic, and before open houses, to make your home more welcoming and cozy.
After your house is sold:
1) Make sure you keep everything clean and in good working order.
2) Do any repairs you’ve agreed to in the sales contract.
Remember:Staged homes tend to sell 30 to 40 times faster than any other home on the market. It may very well increase your home value as well. Imagine that!
West Chatham Contact Traci Amick about Pooler. Located just minutes from the Savannah-Hilton Head Island International Airport, downtown Savannah and historic Savannah, Pooler is convenient to I-95, I-16, Hwy 80 & The Pooler Parkway. This is an area rich in history - during the Civil War the town...
Search MLS: Pooler
Bryan County Contact Traci Amick about Strathy Hall. Strathy Hall boasts a nicely bricked entrance and gorgously landscaped streets. This community has homes with deep-water access. Streets in this upscale subdivision offer great views of the Intracoastal Waterway and marshes.
Strathy Hall's wooded...
Search MLS: Strathy Hall
Savannah Contact Traci Amick about Savannah. With its pedestrian-friendly layout and innovative urban design, Savannah serves as a balm for the senses. The city inspires visitors with its emerald tree canopy, quaint cobblestone streets and majestic architecture. Take the time to wander off the ...
Search MLS: Savannah